Monday, March 2, 2009

Rainy Day Winter Wedding

On Saturday, Scott and I found ourselves traveling a couple of hours south to the charming yet rainy town of Wingate for the wedding of a wacky and wonderful couple. Eve and Brian exchanged vows at the Wingate Baptist Church, and celebrated with loved ones in the fellowship hall after the ceremony.


There was a Valentine's Day-esque theme to the centerpieces at the reception. A jar of conversation hearts provided a perfect bed for the rings!



















Brian rarely wasted an opportunity for theatrics...



There was a dance contest to win the teddy bears from the centerpieces. I like this fun shot of the bride presiding...

The couple served cookies baked by different family members in lieu of cake. What a special touch!


Scott got both of these fantastic action shots!


These two had never heard of the "put the garter on the leg of the gal who caught the bouquet" bit. This is their reaction as the master of ceremonies told them why they were headed back to the dance floor.

This blog post could have been endless, so I made composites of two of my favorite "moments" from the day. I recommend you click on them to really get the full picture.

Eve and Brian are a talented couple, and have even starred in a musical together. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to gather the gang around the piano...

I love all of these shots! Many thanks to usher Seth for holding an umbrella over me (and hopefully himself too) to make it all possible. Yay for rain!

Thank you to Eve and Brian for inviting us to be a part of your day. We hope you love these images as much as we do, and they'll become a cherished keepsake in your family.

Poetic Reality Productions is your source for fun, stylish wedding photography for couples both outside of the box and in. Be sure to visit our website for details.

1 comment:

Eve said...

I posted this blog site to my Facebook and I have gotten NON-STOP wonderful comments about how everyone loves your pictures! Brian and I are so so so so happy with your work and we couldn't have picked a better person to capture our most cherished moments. Thank you so much for what you've done for us. It has been an absolute pleasure.