Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Orleans Wedding and Portrait Photography

It's no secret that Scott and I have always had a special place in our hearts for New Orleans, the town we left to move to North Carolina. We've recently been expanding our business operations back to the lovely Crescent City, and it has been a blast. Here are some highlights from a recent shooting foray in my hometown of New Orleans.


My new obsession: nighttime pool photography.





They actually climbed about 25 feet up a train car for this shot. Thanks to Boanes for the great graffiti!


A delicious treat on a hot afternoon. Jeff was enjoying a "Wedding Cake" flavored snowball.

The following series was taken at City Park's Carousel Gardens. After shooting there, I kind of think everyone should get married here. What fun!

There was a young bride who lived in a shoe...







Cleta is a classic New Orleans gal with one truly elegant wedding dress. Here we go a bit more sophisticated with the locations and posing to reflect her chic personality.






These three gals are off to share their first home together, and were in need of artwork for their walls. They raided local thrift shops for the outfits, and I glammed them up with colorful makeup. Way more exciting than the oil painting of flowers from Bed Bath and Beyond, if I do say so myself.

They hail from Lakeview, the neighborhood where the levees broke. We took a couple of shots around parts of the neighborhood still in the, er, earlier stages of rebuilding:


Architect Paul Sciortino designed this fabulous house. I covet the facade for my own home, but for now I'll have to settle with shooting in front of it.


Greenwood cemetary by I-10:


Daliana and Darryl are both sophisticated and whimsical, intense yet fun. We captured both sides in a few locations around the French Quarter.




No short bus jokes please, thankyouverymuch.

Thanks to the Natchez for passing by when we happened to be at the riverfront!




St. Louis Cemetary Number 1:


The Faubourg Marigny:




I love shooting in New Orleans, and I can't wait until my next trip. If you like what you see and are interested in New Orleans Portrait photography or New Orleans Wedding Photography, please visit our website for more information.

No comments: